Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Categories of Stuff

In these uncertain times, moving is always a possibility. To keep my moving nightmares at bay, I like to have my possessions always in some state of order. When I'm in my moving storage unit, it's wonderful looking at the packing boxes that represent only one category of item rather than an inferno of Misc stuff. It's important to keep moving considerations in mind even though moving companies can be very helpful, and have great advances in how they handle storage, packing, organizing etc. I still have a responsibility for keeping my things in order and knowing where I put things.

I have established a plan: I go to my moving company to get nice packing boxes and other moving tips. I store miscellaneous stuff in logical categories, such as hardware, electronics and car related, office supplies, gift, wrapping and stationery related, empty bags, boxes, useful bottles, health necessities supplies for my different projects, hobbies, and old cassettes and of course the different categories of paper. One Packing Tip I use is to always have colored markers on hand to identify the contents of these moving boxes.

It's always a wonderful feeling when I can put my hands on something I was looking for.

Along these lines I saw a moving tip about categorizing your stuff before you move so you don't end up moving stuff you no longer want or need.

Labels: , ,

del.icio.us Digg it Furl Google ma.gnolia Netvouz reddit Simpy Spurl Squidoo StumbleUpon Yahoo MyWeb

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home